Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Irish Oatmeal To Start Your Day

We all know the basics: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, Whole grains are good for the heart, and we all could use a little more fiber in our diets. But we also know there are mornings when pouring a bowl of cereal is just easier and less time consuming, especially if you have kids to get off to school.
In my attempt to start the New Year off eating healthier (notice I didn't say the "D" word?) I purchased a box of McCann's Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal....and we love it! It's so easy to fix and you can get it started before you go to bed at night. Just bring four cups of water to a boil, remove your pot from the stove and add 1 cup of oats. Cover and let the oats soak over night. In the morning, cook the oatmeal on low for 9-12 minutes and you have a wonderfully hot and nutritious breakfast. I add raisins, brown sugar, and a sprinkle of cinnamon and my boys love it! So if you're looking to eat healthier and just want a warm, easy breakfast give this a try, you won't be disappointed!

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog by the way of another and I'm so glad I did, I love the vintage feel! I'll be back for more inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i ma going to try this. I simply adore your blog. So much so that I am now a follower. I love your button too.

    ReplyDelete